Investing.com — Stocks in focus in premarket trade on Monday, 9th December.
- Marijuana products group Canopy Growth Corp (NYSE:) rose 5.9% after saying it has hired David Klein to be its new CEO. Klein is currently chief financial officer at brewer Constellation Brands (NYSE:), whose stock was unchanged on the news.
- U.K. supermarket chain Tesco (OTC:) (LON:) rose 5.2% after confirming that it’s considering a sale of its remaining Asian businesses, estimated by analysts to be worth around $9 billion.
- Microsoft (NASDAQ:) edged down 0.3% after a report that China is accelerating efforts to remove U.S. computers and software from government offices and public institutions.
- Cancer drug maker Synthorx (NASDAQ:) rose some 170% after agreeing to be bought by French pharma giant Sanofi (NASDAQ:) for some $2.5 billion
- ArQule (NASDAQ:), another oncology specialist, also more than doubled after agreeing to be bought by Merck & Co (NYSE:) for $2.7 billion.
Fusion Media or anyone involved with Fusion Media will not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information including data, quotes, charts and buy/sell signals contained within this website. Please be fully informed regarding the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, it is one of the riskiest investment forms possible.